After School Programs
Shehnaaz Dance Academy teaches after school Bollywood dance classes at various local schools in Jersey City.
Cornelia F Bradford 16 (PS16)
PS16 Students performing at our Winter Recital 2017
Shehnaaz Jagasia of Shehnaaz Dance Academy, introduced PS16 to its first Indian Fusion Dance program in the after school curriculum in March 2013 and has been successfully doing it ever since. The PS 16 after school curriculum has 2 semesters:
- Spring Semester: March-June
- Fall Semester: September- December
We offer two different levels in the after school sessions for FALL 2017:
- Beginners (Thursdays 3pm): This session geared for new students and the 4-5 year olds, focuses on teaching the basics of Bollywood dance, coordination and teamwork. The students perform a choreographed dance at the end of the semester.
- Advanced (Thursdays 4pm): Geared towards returning students and 6+ year olds, this session focuses on Indian fusion and folk dance while exploring different Indian cultural dance forms. The session ends with a performance showcasing the students' progress.
Thursdays in fall from 3pm-5pm on the following dates : 9/28, 10/5, 10/12, 10/26, 11/2, 11/16, 11/30, 12/7
Please register through the PS16 website.
Rafael De J Cordero Elementary (PS37)
PS37 Students performing at our Winter Recital 2017
Indian Dance found its way to PS37 in January 2014. The after school curriculum at PS37 has 2 semesters:
- Winter Semester: February-April
- Fall Semester: October-December
Each semester ends with a choreographed performance by the students.
Registrations through the PS37 website.